blue News Logo
  • Start
  • Sport
  • Switzerland
  • International
  • Football
  • People
  • MyTech
  • Lifestyle
blue News Logo
  • Start
  • Sport
  • Switzerland
  • International
  • Football
  • People
  • MyTech
  • Lifestyle
blue NewsSwitzerlandInternationalSportFootballDigitalPeopleLifestyle
About blueOur CompanyWork at blueJobs
blue+blue TVblue Sportblue SuperMax
blue CinemaMoviesComing soonDealsMemberclubs
Residential CustomersMobileInternetTVCombi SubscriptionDevicesSupport & ServiceHelp
ToolsEmailCustomer SupportPhone BookShop Finder
blue News
SwitzerlandInternationalSportFootballDigitalPeopleLifestyle
About blue
Our CompanyWork at blueJobs
blue+
blue TVblue Sportblue SuperMax
blue Cinema
MoviesComing soonDealsMemberclubs
Residential Customers
MobileInternetTVCombi SubscriptionDevicesSupport & ServiceHelp
Tools
EmailCustomer SupportPhone BookShop Finder
AdvertisingLegalPrivacy PolicyImprintJournalistic Guidelinesblue News AppFAQ
DEFRITEN
DEFRITEN
HomeChevron rightNewsChevron rightIran: Swiss photographed military site without permission

Found an error?

Report now

Politics

Iran: Swiss man photographed military site without permission

Iran accused a Swiss man of espionage before he allegedly took his own life in a prison. (archive picture)

Iran accused a Swiss man of espionage before he allegedly took his own life in a prison. (archive picture)

Keystone

A Swiss man who died in an Iranian prison allegedly photographed a military compound without permission and cooperated with "hostile governments", according to the Iranian judiciary. This is why he was arrested, a spokesperson for the judiciary said on Wednesday.

Keystone-SDA

Keystone-SDA

22.01.2025, 13:14

The Swiss national entered Iran in October as a tourist in a private car with various devices, the spokesperson told the media. The man was born in Namibia and is a Swiss citizen. He did not provide any further details.

At the beginning of January, Iran declared that the man had committed suicide in Semnan prison in the east of the country. He had previously been accused of espionage.

According to the Swiss Foreign Ministry, the man was a 64-year-old Swiss national who had been traveling in Iran as a tourist. He had not lived in Switzerland for almost 20 years and had last lived in southern Africa. Switzerland demanded a comprehensive investigation into the circumstances of the death.

More About this Topic

MID Games of Chance
MID Games of Chance

EuroMillions Jackpot of 104 Million Francs Won

Ukraine

Crimea: Fatalities in Ukrainian Drone Attack

United States of America
United States of America

U.S. Senate Votes in Favor of Bill on Sanctions Against Russia

United States of America
United States of America

U.S. Senate Votes in Favor of Bill on Sanctions Against Russia

Most Read

1Why does the U.S. want to keep an F-35 report under wraps?
2Winterthur-based industrial group cuts dozens of jobs
3Everyone is making fun of this German song—even in the U.S.
4The public transport season ticket is now available for CHF 1 per day - but not everyone can benefit
Iran: Swiss photographed military site without permission